How to Order DNA Minipanel
Organize in Advance Which Horses You Would Like to Test
1. Have your horses' information ready to register, any pertinant owner and trainer info, a method of payment, and the ability to pull a good sample of hair (30-40 hairs from mane or tail WITH roots - more is better).
2. Be sure you have access to your email (so we can confirm you're not a robot) and a printer.
3. Have a clean envelope and postage ready to seal the form and horse hair/DNA sample inside.
4. Prepare by viewing this brief, "How to" video in advance: EQUINE DNA SAMPLING
Click on "Order a Test"
From the Home page (or this link) you can click on Order a Test and you will be walked through the online process:
1) Create a login, username and password. 2) Verify your email (be sure to check your spam folder)
3) Click, "Add a Horse" and enter your horse(s) into the site.
4) Click "ORDER TEST" button in the upper left corner of the horse(s) profile page.
5) Choose Testing Package
7) Complete payment (via Paypal, Credit Card, or enclosed check), and return to your account
8) Download the Sample Submission Form, print & review it (add any necessary notes).
9) Pull hair sample and enclose in Sample Submission Form to mail to Etalon!
What to Expect
As we are a boutique business and our testing process (and your equine DNA sample) has multiple checks in place to ensure that the results provided are as accurate as possible. You can expect results for your DNA panel in 7-10 working days from the time we begin processing the sample in our laboratory. Samples begin processing on Monday of each week. Testing results will be provided via an email (PDF) and uploaded to your online account (if you choose to enroll).
Pricing: Our current pricing model includes the comprehensive DNA Minipanel which includes 50+ traits specified on our "Services" page for $99 per individual horse. Or the DNA Minipanel PLUS which includes Warmblood Fragile Foal Syndrome and more. We do offer Couture Services for specialized breeding or interests (we can even drive or fly to your barn and guide you through the process and do all of the work for you). Please feel free to inquire about group discounts or special services, as we are happy to help!